North Carolina’s distinctive geography is mirrored in its unique communities. From unspoiled beaches to the highest mountain peaks, the state’s natural beauty and vibrant culture provide a common thread that runs through the smallest towns and largest cities.
- Raleigh was named one of the "Top 10 Tastiest Towns" in the South by Southern Living
- Asheville was ranked #1 in Condé Nast Traveler’s "12 Best Places to Retire in the U.S."
- Wilmington is home to "America’s Best Riverfront," as selected by USA Today 10 Best Reader’s Choice Awards
- The drive between Kitty Hawk and Ocracoke on the N.C. coast was named by Travel + Leisure as one of "America’s Most Scenic Waterside Drives"
- Charlotte was ranked #1 by Money Magazine in their list of "Best Big-City Bargains"